fredag, februar 18, 2005

That doesn't happen everyday...

Well, you're not going to believe this one.... Yesterday around 4 we went to one of the team's home for dinner, as they live in this area. We had really good homemade pizza and had a good time. I ate as much as I could, and soon regretted it...
I was feeling sooo full afterwards, and knew that I had to get back to the place we were staying fast. I ran into the restroom, but not a whole lot of business went on... A little, but not what I was expecting.. I decided to lay down. I had to miss out on the youth club we were to be a part of, because I did not feel good at all. As the night progressed, it kept getting worse and worse. It got to the point that I couldn't relax in any position. My stomach hurt more than I can explain. I knew there was something wrong. It couldn't be food poisoning because everyone else ate what I ate, and they were all fine... What was different with me? Did I eat way too much? Not likely... After talking with one of the team some hours later, I decided that I should try to throw up to see if it is something in my stomach. So, I did. I threw up about 6 times. Even after all that, I was still hurting, and even a little more than before. I was in pain. I was talking with God in my room for quite some time asking Him to take the pain away... A little later, the team had finished with the youth thing and it was later in the night. Around 11 they gave me a pain killer that didn't do too much. They finally decided to call the doctor and the doctor said to come down to the emergency room. They said since it had been going on for so long that they were a little worried... I got there and had to wait forever, because the emergency doctor had to suddenly make an emergency house call or something. Finally, I got in. They did a urine test, and a blood test, and the doctor did something else which was very uncomfortable, which I will not say on here... He felt that it wasn't the food, but actually was a bit worried that it might be my appendix. He said that the tests didn't show that it was for sure, but he felt like it was a possibility because of the symptoms and the location of the pain. He sent me to the hospital to be looked at more thoroughly, and the doctors there were talking about whether or not I should stay there to be observed or to do surgery then. They weren't completely convinced that it was my appendix, so they just gave me the option of staying there or going home with supervision. They told me to come straight back if it got at all worse. I went home around 5 in the morning, and fell asleep by the help of God. I woke up this morning with a little bit of pain, but was feeling a bit better. I thought about it and realized that because of the throwing up, I hadn't eaten anything in 24 hours, so I ate lunch. I figured that could have been part of the reason I still had some pain in my stomach. It helped, and now the pain is almost gone. I am praying that it continues to go away, and that it isn't my appendix. Even though that would make a great story, I would much rather I didn't have to go through that. I want to leave you with one thing. Even though God did not heal me when I wanted, it doesn't mean that God is not good. God is good all the time. Even through our pain and suffering, He is good. I am on the road to recovery now, and that is a blessing. Thanks be to God that I am as healthy as I am!

3 kommentarer:

Anonym sa...

Jordan,
We are praying for you!
Love,
Mom

Anonym sa...

Just saw your update and will be praying for your complete recovery and pray that it is not anything serious, or will develop into anything. We love you and miss you! (Thanks for the e-mail...I think you need some serious therapy :)......or at least a talking to..... :) Love, The D's

Anonym sa...

I totally know what you were feeling. A couple of summers ago I had that same pain in the middle of the night. It ended up being my appendix and had to have it taken out. That was not fun. Thank you God for healing Jordan and that it wasn't his appendix.

Love,
Lezlee