torsdag, august 03, 2006

random thought for the day...

If it takes the light from the stars thousands of years to reach our sight, did Adam and Eve see stars? If the universe was made in six literal days, they wouldn't have seen them. If the universe was made in a figurative six days where a day is as a thousand years and a thousand years is as a day, then they may have. I guess we won't know until we go to Heaven. I thought that was an interesting thing to think about. What do you think? Any thoughts? These are the kinds of things I think about. Is it just me? Anyone else have similar thoughts? Let me know.
-Jordan K. Ernst

3 kommentarer:

Unknown sa...

yeah I`m trying to figure out God over and over again,but He tricks me all the time!!
bs

Janelle sa...

I realize more and more that I will never understand God- at least not in whole. But it says in the first chapter of Genesis that he put the stars in place. And Adam and eve came after- so they must have seen them. Hmmm.. so then what does one day of creation come to??? How long was a day really? Hmmmmm.... Im baffeled. Oh well- God knows and that's good enough for me.

Anonym sa...

Well, here's what Dr. John Morris at ICR says about a day. When Is a Day Not a Day?. And here's what they say about stars... star formation and genesis 1 - this one is quite lengthy... Good musings, Jordan!