lørdag, mars 05, 2005

Is it possible?

Well, as you know, I am soon and very soon leaving for the country of Ecuador. I will be there for two months, and working a bit with children, a little construction, and a lot of evangelizing. I will be leading a team of seven people including myself, and can't wait to get there. I really am praying that it is a successful time for my team and I. I want to grow with God more, and I also want to be able to start a process in some people there. I want to plant the seed. I don't have to see it grow in front of my own eyes, but I do want to know that I planted it in good soil. That is my goal; to plant the seed in good soil. You can pray for me that I will be able to do that. I fly out of Norway on the 29th of this month, and will arrive in Quito, Ecuador sometime on the 30th. I have a 25 hour layover in New York, where I will be staying with my cousin, Jennifer. I really look forward to that. Man, and after outreach I am only in Norway for some days until I fly back to the States. That is so crazy. Has the time already gone by? It feels like I just left. I guess that it is different from my perspective than yours though...

This week is just about over. Tonight, we will be on the streets evangelizing to the people going clubbing. We start prayer at 11 and will be heading out at 12. In Norway, the weekend is when everyone goes out and gets drunk and goes dancing... That is just how it is everywhere here. We try to use it as an opportunity to share with people. Or even to just have a conversation with a person. We just want to see people where they are at, and show them a bit a Jesus' heart. I must admit that it isn't always easy, but I know that I am not doing for my own benefit, but rather because Jesus wants me to. I want to glorify the Father in everything that I do, and I know one way of doing that is fulfilling the great commission.

Gud er så inn i hæljeroa god! Takk Jesus for at du er god. Takk for at du elsker meg. Hellig er ditt navn! Pris Herren!

Ingen kommentarer: